Tuesday 9 October 2012

And Suddenly - October

Yikes! When did October happen? It's school holidays here in Western Australia, so I've been plugging away at my new book, NaNo-style. I'm writing 6,000 words a day in the hopes I'll finish it before I have to go back to work and spend weekdays with little munchkins.

My latest project isn't my best work in terms of "homg this is literary genius let's put it in a museum and study it in English classrooms for all time." More, it's my best work in terms of "homg this book is so much fun I can tell the author loved writing every word and I can't stop laughing because these characters are AWESOME."

I was aiming for the first version with all my other manuscripts. Tell you a secret: I prefer the second way. Maybe it'll flop, and no agent will touch it lest they catch my crazy. Or, hey, maybe people will think my crazy is Pure. Genuis. (Shut up, I can dream.) Regardless, I'm still having more fun writing than I have in a very long time.

3 comments:

  1. I prefer the second way as well. You can tell when an author loves what they are writing and the reader usually does too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arg! I love reading something that the author clearly had fun writing! Go you!! And you always make me feel guilty over how productive you are in school holidays while I have had almost a whole year of them and done little of note. Lame, Emma. Lame!

    12 MINUTES OF MIDNIGHT SOUNDS SO AWESOME BTW!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete